To my parents, Jim and Yoko. I’d like to give a special thanks to Dr. Norma Carr-Ruffino, Jordan McCormack and Susan Strehler for editing; Briana Reynolds and Miwa Amano Acheson for design; and Olivier LePord for photography.
I’d like to acknowledge those that contributed interviews, as well as the professors who helped on the project and guided my understanding of business and management: Dr. Baack, Dr. Castaldi, Dr. Gilinski, Dr. Hendrix, Dr. Houwink, Dr. McCline, Dr. Sengupta, Dr. Silverman, Dr. Sullivan, Dr. Verma, Dr. Wardlow, and the late Dr. Jenner. I would like to include a special acknowledgement to Dr. Carr-Ruffino for her guidance and experience writing books. Her idea that this could become a book was probably the most important reason why I finally finished.
Finally, I would like to thank the friends who stood by me throughout my master’s journey. It’s been a challenging mountain: six years of studies at two MBA programs, five different addresses, starting and closing small businesses, two marriages and the coming and going of my first (see Figure 18) and only hybrid.
Finishing this project marks one of the greatest accomplishments of my life. I hope in some way, this body of work helps people make the world a better place through green transportation and sustainable business.
- ► 2009 (54)
- ► 2007 (25)
- the standard ENTREPRENEURial plan
- first book PROPOSal
- Why isn't efficiency part of a BEST ENGINE?
- BLOG INTRO
- Toyota has a secret weapon...
- The Hybrid Phenomenon APPENDIX D: GLOSSARY
- The Hybrid Phenomenon ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- The Hybrid Phenomenon PREFACE
- APPENDIX B: INTERVIEWS
- The Hybrid Phenomenon TITLE
- The Hybrid Phenomenon HYBRID HISTORY 101
- The Hybrid Phenomenon INTRODUCTION
- The Hybrid Phenomenon APPENDIX C: TABLE OF HYBRIDS...
- ▼ December (14)